Conference: The future of European ICT R&D
"Global ICT industry: changing landscape? - The future of European ICT R&D"
October 19-20 2011
The European Commission's Joint Research Centre - Institute for Prospective Technological Studies (JRC-IPTS, Information Society Unit) is organising an international conference on the changing global ICT industry landscape and future of ICT R&D in Europe. The conference will bring together industry representatives, ICT R&D and innovation analysts, and policy makers, coming from Europe, the USA and Asia.
Main purposes of the conference:
- Identify and debate trends in the changing global ICT and ICT R&D landscape
- Debate their impact on the EU ICT industry and consequences for research and innovation location and modes
- Discuss implications for ICT R&D and innovation policies in Europe
In particular, the conference will address the following topics:
- Characteristics and trends in global redistribution of the ICT industry:
- The emergence of a radically new internet/media/telecom ecosystem
- The increasing role and importance of e-services
- The importance of ICT manufacturing for Europe's growth
- What are the drivers for these changes, trends and the possible future scenarios?
- How do the EU ICT sector and EU companies position themselves in this new landscape and prepare for the future?
- What challenges and opportunities these raise and offer for European ICT R&D and innovation, for the localisation of ICT R&D and for international ICT R&D and innovation collaboration?
- What are current and future policy options at European level to address those challenges and opportunities?
Read more about the conference here.
Tid og sted
|Dato: ||19. oktober 2011 - 20. oktober 2011|
|Sted: ||Crowne Plaza Europa Hotel, Brussels|